Saturday, April 14, 2012

DIY: Unique vintage rings!


Hey guys!

So, this might not have a lot to do with makeup, but I just felt like sharing this quick and easy DIY with you! This afternoon, me and my mom went to the thriftstore and I saw these gorgeous clip on earrings lying there, waiting to be turned into some even more gorgeous rings. I instantly became inspired to once again get creative, and I must say I'm loving the end result! This DIY is the perfect way to get yourself some new and unique jewellery, while spending virtually no money on it.


All you'll need:
  • Pair of cutting pliers - preferably a small one;
  • Metal file;
  • Superglue;
  • Blank rings - available at any craftstore;
  • Any piece of jewellery you like, as long as it's suited to stick onto the ring (think brooches or clip on earrings).
You'll probably be able to figure out how to use all these materials on your own, since the whole process kind of speaks for itself. But have no fear, if you get stuck somewhere halfway, you can always check out the brief instruction written below!

First of all, cut off the back of the earring/broche using the cutting pliers. You'll probably have to tug the last bit a little for it to come out, but if you're done it will look something like this:


Now that you've removed the backing, you wanna grab your file and start filing away the last bit of glue that's left on the back side. Keep going until the surface is completely flat.


Finally, lay the earring down with the backside facing up. Apply some superglue to the metal plate on your blank ring and quickly stick it right in the centre. Keep pressing it down for a few seconds, and then leave it there to dry for some time, just to be sure the glue is completely dry.

So that's all for these super fun Do It Yourself rings! Another great place to find blank rings is on ebay. For this particular ring I just used basic ones that I got from my craftstore, but ebay offers lots of cool ornamental ones and many other variations on the basic blank ring!

End result :)
I hope this inspired you to get creative as well! See you at my next post!

Love,
Linde

No comments:

Post a Comment